Tuesday, September 20, 2005

12th February 2001, 12.20pm.

The sun stood straight above my head as I was walking from my classroom towards my car parked in an open area somewhere near the cafe. It's really hot these days and it gets hotter with the tense from class. School is not yet over but Gary, Fred, Trish and me are skipping early for the routine meetup at Perriers.
"D, you sure that cutie pie of yours will be there today?" Trish asked suddenly as we were getting into my car.
"Somehow I'm not sure. But i guess she'll be there. Last night was nothing. " I tried to ignore last night's arguement with Ash as i drove out the main gates heading towards town. Last night was a disaster when Ash found out I was dating someone else behind her back. I still remember the way she knocks on my door at 3.00 in the morning. Very hard. The horrifying look in her face last night kept circling in my mind.
At perriers, Ash was sitting with her friends at one corner of the tarrace staring at my car as i parked at my usual spot. Being like my usual self, I walked towards the main counter and ordered my usual latte and brownie and took a seat at the other corner of the terrace.
"She sure still angry at you. I can tell it by the look in her eyes." Fred said signaling me to go and apologize to Ash.
"I will talk to her when she come to me. She should know by now I was framed by that no-goodnick Paula." Paula was always jealous of me and Ash. Last night she called Ash to meet her. She gave Ash pictures of me and some girls while i was drunk at Paula's birthday party. I already tried to explain that I didn't remember any unmoral incident like Paula claimed but just not being myself is somehow true. And almost everyone knows what I'll do when I'm drunk. Flirt with any girl i catch in sight.
The daily hangout felt dull when only a few showed up after a couple of hours. Fred was busy with her Trish. Gary was nowhere in sight and I was sitting there alone sipping my latte with my eyes locked on my car. I lit up my cigarette for the seventh time trying to ignore the frozen look Ash was throwing at me since I first arrived. As I was going to order my second latte she stood up and started walking towards me. She grabbed a seat right in front of me and stared deep into my eyes with her green eyes.
"You don't even bother to apologize to me after what you've done!" she yelled, trying to start a conversation I guess.
"I've already apologize to you last night. What more do you expect?"
"You know what? I think we should better go separate ways. I've had it with you being nice to every decent girl you know!"
"Fine! If that you want, we're now nothing. Forget all my words and stop using my credit card."
With a stomp, she walked away with her friends towards her car. I watched her drove away like never before, barely missed an incoming motorist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home