Thursday, September 22, 2005

13th February 2003, 8.45pm

It's raining cats and dogs out there when I came back from work. Unfortunate for me to forgot to bring along an umbrella. The boots I wear is flooding with water and there's no single part of me that's dry. I my cell phone is also damp when it rang. It was ash calling me from New Zealand.
"Hi sweetie. Do you miss me?" Ash's voice is so sweet on the phone.
"How can't I miss my muffins? How's New Zealand? You having fun there?"
"New Zealand is fine but i need you here. It feels too weird with you far away from me."
"Don't worry sweetie. I'll be there by tomorrow. We're celebrating Valentine's day togather remember?"
"I know but I can't wait no longer. Can you fly down here a bit faster?"
"I would if i could. But the other flights are full. By the way, my flight will be touching down at seven tomorrow morning. Don't forget to wait me there."
"I promise i'll be there."
"And can you pass on a quick hi to your mum? Tell her i miss her so much."
That's my adorable Ash. She can be so sweet and so grumpy at some time. I just don't know how did I manage to stay with her for this long. Tomorrow's Valentine's day will be our 5th anniversary. It's just amazing that we are still togather even though we had broke off dozens of time.
Time seems flying so fast. The clock stroke 12 when i walked out of the shower and now the digital alarm clock by my bedside is showing 12.30am. My flight to New Zealand is scheduled at 2.oo am. I realized if I keep on at this pace, I might be late. Luckily my mom had already packed everything I needed this morning. In no time I was already driving my Escalade heading towards Changi Airport.
"This is the last call for passengers of flight SQ112 departing for Auckland." I was running when the announcer announced the last call for my flight. I got stuck at the security inspection because of my metal Zippo. I kept praying that the worst won't be happening. Missing my flight. Ash will be so angry at me if i missed this Valentine's day.
"Your boarding pass please, Sir." The flight attendant attended me to my seat when i finally make it into the plane. Lucky for me I arrived just in time.
"If you need anything just call me or the other cabin crews." She smiled as I buckle my seat belt. The flight seems a bit deserted. In fact, there's only 4 people in the business class with me. Luckily there's a fine young lady sitting beside me for me to talk to but she seemed a bit nervous.
"Cabin crew, please prepare for take-off." I hold on tight to my seat as the plane take-off. The plane is shaking a bit but the girl beside me is shaking even more. Maybe it's her first time I guess. And something in her looks familliar to me. I can't quite see her face because she keeps looking out the window. But her partially brown and curly hair is very familliar.
15 minutes pass and the cabin crews are busy serving drinks.
"What would you like to have, Sir?"
"Can you mix me a nice coke and rum, please?"
"In a minute, Sir. And you miss?" By the time she turn around, I knew she is someone that I knew.
"Sha? Farsha Emelda? Oh God! It's been a long time since we last met."
"Err, are you Daryll? Ash's boyfriend?"
"100% correct. Are you going to meet Ash in Auckland too?"
"I didn't know Ash is in Auckland. I'm going there to spend my holidays. And by the way can I have a coke and rum, please?"
"You still love the coke and rum. Remember we used to drink and chat and play games. Boy, I miss those times."
Sha is one of my ex-girlfriend that broke-off with me just before Ash. She was a good friend of Ash but they stop being friends after Ash found out I keep on seing her even though I'm already with Ash. I didn't expect to meet her like this. And deep inside I still love her. I got caught in the situation and all I can do is to be myself which is totally will ruin this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home