Tuesday, September 27, 2005

14th February 2003, 3.00pm

After lunch with Ash and her mom, I ushered myself into the living room just in time for the news on television. Too bad Ash didn't have TiVo. Without a reason I'm worried about my favorite drama series on Star World. Suddenly I remembered about my date with Sha. It's a date I guess even though I didn't agree. Slowly I walked out the front door and headed towards the cafe I had breakfast this morning.

15 minutes walking and I guess the cafe is just around the corner. That if I didn't make a wrong turn somewhere. A Quick-E-Mart popped in sight and I'm sure I'm on the right path. After a few paces more, I saw the cafe's signs. "Blueville" it says. I pushed the door open and stepped in. There are less people this time than this morning when I had breakfast. But a sweet young woman waving at me from a corner table for two got my attention. I walk towards her table and take the seat opposite her. The air is warmer inside but I'm shivering. Not from coldness but from tremendous guilt and nervousness and excitement. Such a strange feeling.

"You are early. Thought you'll be late with Ash around." She started the conversation with a very sarcastic joke. But it's her nature to be sarcastic so I guess she's still the old Sha I knew.

"I sneaked out actually after lunch. They didn't know I am here actually." She looked surprised even before I finish my sentence. Maybe she expected me to come here with Ash or at least let Ash know I'm meeting her right now.

"So you didn't expect to see me like this, right? But there's no way I can see you again if it's not like this. To tell you the truth, I still miss you. Especially after I have bad times with Andrew." I did expect this kind of conversation but with tears dropping down her cheeks. Instead she is all smiles from the start.

"What happen with you and Andrew after you found out about him doing drugs?" The only question I wanted to ask since inside the airplane that I didn't have the chance to ask.

"Well, you know him. I found out after he started to ask for money from me. Everyday we argued. Until one day I can't stand him anymore and decided to break-up. You should know what happens next. And it's worse than our tragedy."

"He’s been asking money from you? What a big crack head!"

"Yeah. And the amount increases each time. He doesn’t even have money or job and yet addicted to those useless drugs." Now she had this sad look in her face.

"Guess you've learnt your lesson. So what are your plans next?" I try to change the topic. And she's back to her normal state.

"I really want to be Ash's friend again. I didn't tell you I'm moving here yet, right? I want to have a fresh start. I already enrolled into a local college. So I guess having a friend or two will help a lot."

"Oh, really? Hurmmm. How about you come back with me? I'll tell them I met you on the way back from cigarette hunting."

"That'll be great. You're still the sweet guy I knew. Thanks."

After a quick stop at the Quick-E-Mart for my cigarette, we headed towards Ash's house. Questions run in my empty head when Sha suddenly grab my hand like she used to do when we were couples. Is she trying to get me back with her? Or she's just being friendly? I acted like I don’t care and continue walking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home