Wednesday, September 28, 2005

14th February 2003, 8.00pm

"Can you help me out with this tie honey?" I was never good with neckties and I guess I never will. Ash's hands run through my ties trying to perfect it. I looked deep into her eyes and didn't realize she was all done a few moments ago.

"You sure made me the happiest person in the world today. You come all the way here from Singapore, set up a candle light dinner for me and bring back the one friend I missed a lot. Just how can you do all that in 24 hours?" I can't think of any words right now but just continue on looking into her beautiful eyes, trying to tell everything with my passionate stare.

"Are you two ready yet?" That's Mrs. Goh, Ashley's mom at the door.

"We're all set." I quickly grab my coat while Ash gets her mom at the door.

"Both of you look great together. Come on I'll drive you guys there."

"Thanks, Lucy." I'm used to call Ash's mom Lucy since she asked me to call her by that name. She's like the mother every child wants. So understanding, loving, caring but yet quite strict in a few aspect. She offered to give us a lift to the restaurant me and Lucy picked for my Valentine dinner with Ash. It's a French style restaurant serving French and Italian cuisine. I always know Ash loves Lasagna and that will be something like the main dish for tonight even though it's always served as appetizers.

Lucy dropped us off right in front of the restaurant. Inside, the light is quite dim, creating a romantic atmosphere. The waiter in charge seated us at a well-prepared round table in a deserted section of the restaurant. Even though there are a few other couples enjoying their time, we feel like we are the only person here. We made our order and started a light conversation with jokes and tears of laugh in between.

When we are feasting, a string trio plays romantic tunes to spice up the air. It's so perfect for someone to propose to their loved ones but not me since it's not time yet. I still have a lot to be done in my life. I even haven't finished my studies yet. My minds flew away from the table, thinking about my future. What am I going to be when I reach my thirties? Will I still be with Ash or back with Sha or found someone else better? And the jackpot question, am I still in this world by then?

Suddenly I felt a pinch on my chest. How can I forget to give her the rose and the present I got for her? And worse, we already finished eating. Am I supposed to give her those before or after the food? But it all doesn't matter now since we already finished eating.

"Ash, I got something for you." Quickly, I take out the red rose and the nicely wrapped box out of my pockets and give it to her.

"Oh, how sweet of you. Can I open it now?"

"Sure. After all it's yours." She tears open the wrapper and open the box. It's a silver necklace with a cute kissing swan pendant.

"I love it and I love you even more."

"Glad you like it. Let me hook it for you."

"I got a present for you too. But you need to wait till we get home. It's so special I can't take it with me here." She gives me that cute smile again and I guess I know what she got for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home