Saturday, October 15, 2005

26th March 2004, 10.00am

It's sure cold even though spring has just entered here in Amsterdam. The view of the flowers blossoming through my loft's window is so breathtaking. I just woke up and saw two birds sat on the table I put in the balcony of my room last summer. They reminded me of someone from my past. Someone who shares lots of memories. Someone who already became history in my diary. Someone I will never forget the rest of my life. Just what might that someone be doing right now? All I know is summer just passed there where she is right now. But maybe she had gone back to the place where we met. The place where summer never ends. I just hope she's in good condition and living a great life.

After cleaning myself, I grab my backpack and head towards the best fish grill in town. I just love the fries there. They call it patat here. It maybe came from the word potato. But whatever they call it, I'll still be craving for the fries here served with tartar sauce. Deep fried salmons are quite popular among the locals but I prefer my salmon smoked. I just don't know why but the taste can't be expressed by words. Some says it's gross, some says it's quite fine but to me its taste is far beyond delicious.

Living far away from home surely changed me a lot. I used to be some sort of a playboy but things need to change around here in order to survive. Money spending is quite the same though. And there are still a few high school friends around here. Fred was sent here to the same university with me. Sha, yes, Sha had enrolled herself in one of the art academy here. She kept busy looking for a place to study here after I got enrolled into Universiteit van Amsterdam. Yes, we got back together a few months after I broke-up with Ash when she found a new guy in New Zealand. I felt like the whole world had come to a halt at that time but luckily Sha is always there for me.

"There's my mister sleepy head. At what time you woke up this morning?" It is Sha who came from my back and tried to give me a surprise.

"Around ten as usual." I tried to fake a smile and it turn out to be an ugly grin.

"No wonder no one answered the phone this morning."

"You called me? Why? What's the event?"

"I thought of dropping by your house for breakfast. But since you didn't answered the phone so I headed straight here. What are you having? I'm sure starving." She sounds cheerful as usual. Every time I saw her face I get a bit of her energetic aura. The smell of her hair, makeup and her Tommy Girl perfume I got her for her birthday is like an inspiration for me. Before I smell enough of her fragrances she already headed for the counter to place her order. The way she walks seems so perfect. And my heart followed the rhythm of her bouncing hair.

After class we decided to meet at Fred's. He did invite us over to his house a few times but since his house is outside the city limits, we rarely go there. The road is packed as I pass through the main gates. Ash's class won't be finish until five so I decided to wait for her. The clock on the dashboard showed 4.30pm when I arrived outside her college building. A sign hanging in front of a cottage just opposite the college building caught my eyes. Translated, it says "Circle of The Greed". Weird, but it's there written above the main entrance to the cottage. I took a glance at my swatch. There's still 20 minutes before her class ends. A quick stop to say hello and satisfy my curiosity won't harm anyone I guess.

"Can I help you, Sir?" The receptionist at the front desk greeted me as I walked through the cottage door. Inside, there are large paintings of portraits unknown to me. And all I can think of right now is this fraternity is really weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home