Thursday, November 17, 2005

1st April 2005, 10.30am

The digital alarm clock next to my bed had been making awful beeping sounds since 10 minutes ago. It's thursday morning and my head feels so heavy. I just ignored the alarm and covered my head with my blanket. It's so relieving that the alarm stopped in five minutes or so. But as I thought things are going to be fine, the one and only person who's been waking me up every morning walks into my room.
"Hey! Rise and shine lazybone!" It's Sha right on top of me shaking my shoulders. She's always using that element of suprise since I can't go back to sleep after that. "It's already half past ten and you're still in bed? Don't you have class at noon? I say wake up!" She never give up on me that's something amazing but annoying sometime. I do have class at noon but today I'm planning to skip the class.
At last I gave up and head straight to the bathroom. Another sweet thing she's been doing every day since we arrived here is keeping my house clean and tidy. While I'm brushing my teeth, I can her doing some laundry. I just don't know what happened but she's been doing things for me like she's my wife even though we don't live togather. I can't even tell wether it's good or bad. But I hope everyhing will turn out fine.
"You wanna go out and have some fun? I think I'll skip my afternoon class today." She's still doing my laundry when I finished bathing.
"Sounds great. How about the two of us go shopping togather?" Really it's been a while since the both of us go out togather. I'm busy with my work and studies while Sha is seating for her finals. But now we seem to have a lot more time togather. Sha's graduating next month and I'm now working only on weekends.
Things got a lot better lately. Me and Sha are getting engaged after her graduation. She decided to stay here with me for another year untill I graduate. If everything went as planned, we will get married after my graduation. But for now I really need to concentrate on graduating. My studies had been a bit messed up lately with me working night shifts to support my living here. Luckily Sha had been a great help. She started working part-times to help me with my expenses. She really wanted me to stop working but I felt it would be a burden to her and I'm a lot comfortable earning money by myself.
That afternoon, we went to town, which we had no chance of doing for almost a month. As I turn into the red light streets area, I felt a quick and painfull pinch on my waist. Sha had pinch me for being naughty but I really have no intention of being naughty.
"I'm just taking the shortcut. Don't you know that the favourite boutique of yours is just around the corner from here? Geesh, don't be so mad." She gave me the 'don't be mad at me look' and gave me a peck on the cheek.
After a long stop at her favourite boutique, we took a tram to the centre of town. I've been craving for smoked salmons for days. I never really had the chance to go out and have some fun like this lately. As we get off the tram, I kind of realize Sha had been smiling and grinning and even giggled a lot of times since we left my house. I wanted to ask earlier but I guessed maybe she saw something funny. But it had been a few hours since we left home.
"What's up with you? Smiling and grinning all the way from home."
"Nothing. It's really nothing." She kept on chuckling.
"I know there's something. You tell me or else..." I gave her the 'I don't like this' look and she seems intimidated.
"Err, you really have no idea don't you? It's April Fool sweety. And this is the first time you've been like an angel on April Fool's Day."
"Darn! How can I forget that?" Every year on April Fool i'll be doing lots of pranks especially on Sha. And there's something that made me forgot this year but I can't figure it out yet.
"Actually, I played a prank on you just this morning but you never realize it." Sounds a bit strange since she never play any pranks on April Fool but maybe she picked up a few pranks from me.
"A prank? I really don't have a clue."
"I changed the date on everything that displayed dates in your house. Your calender, alarm clock and even your handphone. And you never realized it!"
"I guess I've been a bit off lately. But anyway, nice prank!" I guess that's it for this year. The prank master had been fooled by his future fiance. There's some chemistry there I guess.
"You still have next year, sweety. And make sure you check your dates next year." She chuckled again and this time I tickled her and she ended up hugging me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home