Thursday, May 18, 2006

9th October 2001, 11.30am

The sun is already high up when i finally woke up at around 11.30am this morning. I was always hoping a cute little canary would sing me a song when I wake up every morning. But that will always be a dream when you live high up in the 21st floor. I really hated this house the first time. I remembered myself yelling at my mom when there was no electricity in the block and the stupid generator was down. It was a really frustrating day since I have to walk down 17 floors down just to get into my car and back 17 floors up to go back home. I actually didn't go back home that day until my mom called me to tell that the electricity is back on.

School is nearing to it's end. And I've been single for nearly 6 months now. Sometimes it's really frustrating to see couples holding hands and smooching intimately in front of me. But most of the times I'm glad that I finally can do anything, anytime, anywhere without anyone nagging or sulking on me. Thinking of it, there's a lot stuffs that I can finally get to do like smoking in the car, stay out late with Fred, Gary and Trish, go straight to sleep without taking my bath and lots more stuffs that would make Ash yelling at me before. Talking about Ash, she's really out of the picture right now. Weird because she's always there wherever I am but now she seems to disappear.

I was having breakfast, cereals and strawberry milk, when my phone rang.
"Hi, is this Daryll's phone? I'm Sha by the way" the voice at the other end was full of excitement when I answered.
"Yes. I'm Daryll. And who are you again?"
"It's Sha. I'm in your physics class. I have something important that I can't talk over the phone. Can you meet me at the Cosmo Shack by the marina?" the name Sha sounds familiar but I can't really guess who is she.
"Make it a lunch date?" it's not the important part that make me want to see her. I really want to know who is Sha.
"Sure, no problem. Lunch then."

An interesting way to start my day I guess. Breakfast at near noon. Then a lunch date with a mysterious girl. What more can a guy ask for, right? I left my half-eaten bowl of cereal on the table and dashed to the shower. The name 'Sha' kept circling in my head as I'm having and shower and it won't stop circling even in the car. Each time I pictured a girl from my physics class, none of them came by the name 'Sha'. Is she really in my class? Or is it one of Ash's friend trying to make a prank again like last week? The answer lays in the small food shack by the marina.

It's really frustrating finding an empty parking lot at the marina during lunch hours. Especially when someone is bad at parallel parking like me. I managed to secure a parking lot after 15 minutes searching and it's about 500 metres away from the marina. Worse, I took more than 5 minutes just to get my car in the parking lot. I put some small change into the parking meter and lit a cigarette. I really hate walking under the scorching afternoon sun by the marina since there's hardly a shady tree nearby. But I tried to ignore it all by enjoying the smokes from my cigarette.

A somewhat familliar face is sitting at the roadside bench and I'm getting the feeling that I know her from somewhere while I'm approaching. She waved. Is that the mysterious 'Sha' the short-tempered girl? Classmates call her the Volcano, which I will know instantly. So her real name is 'Sha'. But the question is what is so important that she need to talk personally to me? We never really talked in class except for the excuse me and sorry I get when I was blocking her way or vice versa. All I know is she has a reputation for the most people slapped. More than 15 I guess. Even Fred and Trish was slapped before for trying to flirt around with her. She's somewhat gorgeously hot and cute by the way. The only reason no one ever tried to take her as a girlfriend is her short temper.

"Hi, sorry I'm late. It's hard to find an empty space around this hour."
"Yeah, I know that. I have to park all the way down the road over there." she seems nice today. I was afraid she would slap me straight just now.
"So, what's the important thing you told me about on the phone?"
"Err. Can we talk about it after lunch? I'm really hungry. Lunch on me today."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home